What is the link between your diet and the beauty of your hair?
Whether it’s for the beauty of your skin or the health of your hair, it’s essential to follow your diet. Before talking about hair care, know that the beauty of your hair also depends on what you consume. So what are the materials you will use to protect them? What foods are on the menu to increase hair growth and density?
THE RIGHTS AND WRONGS OF A BEAUTIFUL SKIN AND A HEALTHY HAIR
- Iron deficiency is responsible for hair loss: TRUE!! Iron deficiency damages and dries the hair and eventually causes it to fall out. However, certain life periods, especially in women, are very favorable for anemia. These are mainly during puberty, pregnancy or the postpartum period.
- Zinc fights alopecia: TRUE! Zinc is a very important nutrient to fight hair loss as it supports the synthesis of keratin and collagen, the two main components of the hair strand.
- Alcohol is bad for hair: TRUE! Excessive alcohol consumption causes nutritional deficiencies, increases hair loss and tends to damage and dry hair.
- Greasy foods are responsible for oily hair: FALSE! There is no link between the oil intake and sebum production. On the contrary, consuming vitamins B6 and A can regulate excess sebum.
- Vitamin C repairs the hair: TRUE! Vitamin C supports the repair of body tissues, including hair. It strengthens them while promoting nail growth and skin beauty.
- Weight Loss Diets Can Cause Hair Loss: TRUE! Some diets can cause hair loss by causing certain deficiencies, especially iron and magnesium.
- Vitamins are enough to prevent alopecia: FALSE! Vitamins alone cannot stop hair loss or create a new regrowth. On the other hand, vitamins A and E are very effective in moisturizing extremely dry scalps and promoting resistance and hair growth.
- Omega 3 strengthens the hair: TRUE! Omega 3, which is rich in essential fatty acids, nourishes the skin and hair. Thus, they fight against natural deterioration.
WHAT ARE THE BEST FOODS FOR A BEAUTIFUL HAIR?
Now that you know all about the benefits of different nutrients for your hair, here are some foods you should choose to preserve all your hair’s beauty:
- Salmon and other oily fish (mackerel, herring, sardines, trout, etc.): They are rich in fatty acids and omega 3 which clean the scalp while increasing the elasticity of the hair.
Eggs: Eggs are rich in sulfur amino acids used in keratin formation. Therefore, they increase the brightness while strengthening the hair roots.
- Lentil: Rich in protein and iron, lentil supports keratin production and prevents hair loss.
- Oysters: Like all seafood, oysters are rich in zinc, which is an excellent nutrient to strengthen hair strands and prevent hair aging.
- Green vegetables: Good for both your diet and your hair, green vegetables contain lots of vitamins A and C, making them a great help for your hair.
- Nuts: Nuts contain zinc and vitamin E, which are necessary to strengthen the hair strand.
- Avocado: It is an antioxidant component that is rich in fatty acids and vitamins. It is very nutritious, eliminates toxins and fights premature aging of the skin and hair.