What is DHI Hair Transplant?
What is DHI Hair Transplant Method and How is it Applied?
DHI hair transplantation is a method of placing individual hair follicles in the transplantation area using pens called Choi implanters. During this process, Choi implanter pens that function automatically through artificial intelligence are used. After collecting the grafts, this medical and special pen is placed directly on the area to be transplanted without opening a canal or incision. Thanks to DHI hair transplantation, the quality of hair transplantation is maximized. With the continuation of the elongation process, an intense appearance is provided. The procedure can be performed without shortening the hair of the person who will have hair transplantation.
The thickness of the Choi implanter medical pen used during the DHI hair transplant procedure varies between 0.6 and 1 millimeter. Another definition of the process is direct hair transplantation. In almost all other hair transplantation methods, hair collection and transplantation are observed as two different processes. However, in the DHI method, this process is even more different and can be done in one go.
How is DHI Hair Transplant done?
In DHI hair transplantation method, the donor area is determined like other methods. Hair follicles are collected from this determined area using special tools. All of these collected donor roots are collected one by one. Each root contains a small amount of tissue and hair follicles. That’s why hair follicles are classified separately.
Before the DHI process starts, the most efficient angles and directions for the transplant process of hair follicles are calculated and determined. The hair follicles collected from the donor area where the hair follicles will be taken are placed one by one into the medical tip pen. Then, the tip of the implanter pen is adjusted according to the hair root and structure of the person to be transplanted. One of the most important issues here is to find the right angle and adjust it accordingly.
During this process, it is in demand by people because no incision is made while placing the hair follicles. During DHI hair transplantation, round slots are created in the skin. Subsequently, grafts are placed in these areas. After a successful operation, the scalp heals quickly since no incision is made and the person can return to his daily life.
What are the Advantages of DHI Hair Transplantation?
A little different from other hair transplant methods, we can list the advantages of the DHI hair transplant method as follows:
- The thin tip of the implanter pen used in the DHI hair transplantation method allows the transplanted hair to be planted much more closely and frequently. In this way, the hair can be seen more lush and dense.
- In DHI hair transplantation, the waiting time of the follicles is very short. The plus of this situation is to minimize graft loss.
- With the implanter tip pen, it becomes easy to determine the direction and angle in the DHI sowing method. Thus, a practical way is followed for the specialist who will perform the operation.
- In DHI hair transplantation method, we can say that hair transplantation is the method that causes the least damage to the donor and transplant area.
- The choi machine tip used is disposable and personal. This causes the DHI method to be more costly than the FUE method.
- Contrary to other hair transplant methods, the DHI method has a very short recovery time. The person who has the operation can return to his work or social life in a very short time.
- In this method applied, the existing hair of the person who has transplanted is never damaged. This feature of the DHI method emerges as a method that can be successfully applied to people whose hair loss has not been completed.
What are the Disadvantages of DHI Hair Transplantation?
Our aim is to inform you as much as possible. For this reason, we should say that the DHI hair transplant method has advantages as well as disadvantages. The features that can be described as negatives are as follows:
This method is a longer-term process compared to other methods. We would like to remind you that you need some time in terms of both the process and the result. Not only the person who will have hair transplantation, but also the surgeon who will carry out the operation from the beginning to the end should be patient and careful.
- The doctor who performs the DHI hair transplant method must be experienced. Because the channel opening ways in this method are a little different and difficult compared to other methods.
- In this application, every root taken from the donor area is planted without waiting. Accordingly, it is very difficult to place the roots at an equal angle and in an equal direction to the area to be transplanted. These negative features will not be experienced when performed by a successful physician.
How long is the recovery and normalization period after DHI hair transplantation?
The recovery period after successful DHI hair transplantation method is shorter than other hair transplantation methods. The aforementioned process is expected to take between 3 and 5 days on average. After the operation, it is seen that this period is shortened if the instructions of the doctor who performed the operation are followed and the area is protected. Within a week after the operation, crusting is seen on the skin and after a period of 3 weeks, it is observed that the crusts begin to fall off. At the end of 3 weeks, the fall of the crusts slows down. After a period of 3-4 months, the treatment gives results.
What should be considered after Dhi hair transplantation?
The hair transplant area is very sensitive in this DHI method, as in any other method. After the operation, it is absolutely necessary to protect the area from impacts and suns. You must strictly follow the advice given by your doctor. In order to minimize the healing process, the skin should be well cared for. On average, you should wait 2 to 3 days to wash your hair.
Who is DHI hair transplant suitable for?
Originating from the Far East, the DHI method was first applied in Korea. This method, which could not be applied to people with thin and curled hair follicles when it was first applied, has started to be applied to every hair type as technology develops. Success results show us this. In summary, anyone who wants their hair to be thick and dense can choose this method with peace of mind.
How long does DHI hair transplant take?
The processing time of the DHI hair transplant method is actually directly proportional to the size of the area to be transplanted. Again, depending on this, factors such as the experience of the doctor who will transplant, the size of the area to be treated, the method to be used for hair transplantation and the structure of the scalp are among the determining factors. In general terms, the processing time of a single session can vary between 5 and 6 hours.
What should be considered before DHI hair transplantation?
In addition to the processes to be considered after hair transplantation, there are factors that the person who will have the transplantation must pay attention to before the operation. Alcohol and cigarette use should be minimized 7 to 10 days before DHI hair transplantation. Smoking and alcohol use not only directly affects the healing process, but also has negative effects on human health. Smoking and alcohol should be avoided on the day of the operation and on the other days following it. On the day of the operation, comfortable clothes should be worn as much as possible and the body should not be tightened. Also, no chemicals (shampoo, soap, etc.) should be applied to the scalp.