SEASONAL HAIR LOSS AND SOLUTIONS
What a wonderful sight to see the leaves of the trees gradually turn golden at the end of summer and fall off in autumn… But when your hair experiences the same fate, the image suddenly becomes poetic! As a matter of fact, with the important changes of the season, namely in autumn and spring, the hair tends to weaken and fall out. Don’t worry, this is a normal and natural phenomenon! So what are the reasons? And above all, how can we limit this seasonal hair loss?
What are the causes of seasonal hair loss?
Seasonal hair loss can be related to many different factors:
- In the summer, sun, seawater and sand tend to damage hair. These become more fragile and gradually disappear. However, the loss of damaged hair can take from a few weeks to several months… Therefore, they fall out in the fall.
- The change in light also affects hormones. However, these have a direct effect on alopecia.
- All of the factors that trigger hair loss are fatigue, stress or psychological shock. Autumn is a suitable season for this situation. The rest of the holidays lead to back-to-school stress. It decreases with increasing fatigue throughout the day.
- Nutritional deficiencies are also responsible for hair loss. However, many people follow a small diet in the spring… Pay attention to a balanced diet even while keeping an eye on your weight!
- Finally, some debris such as sand can clog the scalp. In this case, they prevent hair follicles from breathing properly while interfering with cell renewal in the scalp. The results of this capillary drowning are felt a few weeks later in the fall.
How is seasonal fall managed?
Seasonal hair loss should never exceed three months. In addition, there are many solutions to limit hair follicle loss during this period.
It is better to use nourishing and moisturizing products that are close to the skin’s natural pH, as well as a mild shampoo. These strengthen the hair fiber and clean the hair without attacking the hair at all. Some treatments in the form of ampoules or masks can also promote microcirculation in the scalp. In any case and whatever time of the year, it is recommended to brush your hair daily to get rid of all airless particles. It is also better to rinse with warm or cold water. Also avoid too aggressive hairstyles and hair.
Because seasonal hair loss is often linked to deficiencies or small bursts of fatigue, feel free to consume food supplements and favor a healthy and balanced diet, as well as rest. Choose ingredients rich in vitamins A, E, F and B, fatty acids, amino acids and trace elements such as copper, iron and magnesium. All these ingredients increase hair growth and strength. They are also part of the keratin composition and prevent hair loss indirectly.
MésoLED can also be a valuable ally in hair treatment. It provides a lot of nutrients to the hair follicles with small injections into the scalp and helps the production of melanin and keratin. MesoLED treatment consists of injecting micronutrients, antioxidants, moisturizers, vitamins, minerals and amino acids into the dermis. Everything can then be stimulated by exposure to LED light. Thus, the effects of this nutritious cocktail can be enhanced.
Finally, PRP treatment can be a last alternative to seasonal hair loss. The protocol consists of doing a blood test to collect your platelets and injecting them into the scalp in a more concentrated form. Platelets improve tissue regeneration in the skull and are an excellent growth factor that aids in new hair production.