DHI Hair Transplantation
What is DHI Hair Transplantation Method, How is it Applied?
DHI hair transplantation is a method of placing individual hair follicles in the transplantation area using pens called Choi implanters. During this process, Choi implanter pens that operate automatically through artificial intelligence are used. After collecting the grafts, this medical and special pen is placed directly in the area to be transplanted without opening a canal or incision. Thanks to DHI hair transplantation, the quality of hair transplantation is maximized. With the continuation of the elongation process, an intense appearance is provided. The hair of the person who will have the hair transplantation can be processed without shortening.
The thickness of the Choi implanter medical pen used during the DHI hair transplantation process varies between 0.6 and 1 millimeter. Another definition of the procedure is direct hair transplantation. In almost all other hair transplantation methods, the collection and transplantation of hair are observed as two different processes. However, in the DHI method, this process is even different and can be done at once.
How to do DHI Hair Transplantation?
In DHI hair transplantation method, the donor area is determined like other methods. Hair follicles are collected from this designated area using special tools. All of these donor roots are collected individually. Each root contains a little tissue and hair follicles. That is why hair follicles are classified separately.
Before the DHI process begins, the most efficient angles and directions for transplantation of hair follicles are calculated and determined. Hair follicles collected from the donor area where the hair follicles will be removed are placed individually in the medical tip pen. Then the implanter pen tip is adjusted according to the hair follicle and structure of the person who will have the transplant. One of the most important points here is to find the right angle and adjust it accordingly.
During this procedure, hair follicles are in demand by people because they are not incised anywhere when placing them. During DHI hair transplantation, round nests are formed on the skin. Grafts are then placed in these areas . After a successful operation, the scalp heals quickly as no incision is performed and the person can return to his daily life.
What are the advantages of DHI Hair Transplantation?
Slightly different from other hair transplantation methods, we can list the advantages of DHI hair transplantation method as follows:
- The thinness of the implanter pen tip used in the DHI hair transplantation method allows the transplanted hair to be planted much more adjacently and frequently. Thus, hair can be seen more lushly and frequently.
- In the DHI hair transplantation process, the waiting time of the follicles is quite small. The plus of this situation is to minimize graft loss.
- Thanks to the implant tip pen, it becomes easy to determine direction and angle in the DHI sowing method. In this way, a practical way is followed for the expert who will perform the operation.
- In DHI hair transplantation method, we can say that hair transplantation is the method that causes the least damage in both donor and transplant area.
- The choi machine tip used is disposable and personal. This makes the DHI method more costly than the FUE method.
- In the DHI method, despite other hair transplantation methods, the healing friction is quite short. The person who has the operation can return to work or social life in a very short time.
- In this method applied, the existing hair is never damaged if the person who has the transplantation process exists. This feature of the DHI method is also a method that can be applied successfully to people who do not complete hair loss.
What are the disadvantages of DHI Hair Transplantation?
Our goal is to inform you as much as possible. For this reason, we must say that in addition to the advantages of the DHI hair transplantation method, there are also disadvantages. The features that we can qualify as the aforementioned negatives are:
This method is a longer-lasting process than other methods. We would like to remind you that you need some time both in terms of the process and the results. Not only the person who will have the hair transplant, but also the surgeon who will carry out the operation from start to finish should be patient and careful.
- The doctor who performs the DHI hair transplantation method should definitely be experienced. Because the channel opening paths in this method are slightly different and difficult compared to other methods.
- In this application, every root taken from the donor area is planted without waiting. Accordingly, it is very difficult to place the roots in equal angle and even direction in the area where they will be transplanted. These negative features will not occur when they are performed by a successful physician.
How long is the recovery and normalization period after DHI hair transplantation?
The healing process after successful DHI hair transplantation method is shorter than other hair transplantation methods. The aforementioned process is foreseen on average between 3 and 5 days. It is seen that the instructions of the doctor performing the postoperative procedure are followed and this period is shortened even more if the area is protected. Within a week after the operation, crusting is observed in the skin, and after a period of 3 weeks, it is observed that the shells begin to fall out.
What should be considered after Dhi hair transplantation?
The area where hair transplantation is performed is as sensitive in this DHI method as it is in any method. After the operation, it is absolutely necessary to protect the area from impacts and suns. You should follow the advice of your doctor to the letter. In order to minimize the healing process, the care of the skin should be done well. You should wait an average of 2 to 3 days to wash your hair
Who is suitable for DHI hair transplantation?
The DHI method of Far Eastern origin was first applied in Korea. This method, which cannot be applied to people with thin strands and curvy hair follicles when it was first applied, has started to be applied to all hair types as the possibilities of technology develop. The results of success show us this. In summary, anyone who wants the hair to be bushy and frequent can choose this method with peace of mind.
How long does DHI hair transplantation last?
The processing time of the DHI hair transplantation method is actually completely proportional to the size of the area to be transplanted. Accordingly, factors such as the experience of the doctor who will perform the transplantation, the size of the area to be treated, the method to be used for hair transplantation and the structure of the scalp are among the determining flours. If it is necessary to transfer it in a general expression, the processing time of a single session may vary between 5 and 6 hours.
What should be considered before DHI hair transplantation?
In addition to the processes that should be considered after hair transplantation, there are elements that the person who will have the transplantation before the operation must pay attention. Alcohol and smoking should be minimized between 7 and 10 days before DHI hair transplantation. Smoking and alcohol use will directly affect the healing process as well as have negative effects on human health. Smoking and alcohol should be avoided on the day of the operation and other days following today. On the day of operation, clothes should be worn as comfortable as possible and the body should not be bored. In addition, no chemicals (shampoo, soap, etc.) should be applied to the scalp.