CORRECT STEPS TO FIGHT HAIR LOSS
On average, there are 150 to 200 hairs per square centimeter, with 100,000 to 150,000 hairs on the skull for each person! Since these are constantly renewed, it is quite normal to lose some of them. However, if you find yourself leaving strands of hair all over your back, your brush needs to be constantly cleaned, or you have a few dozen strands on your shower floor, it’s time to react! So what are the right steps to take to combat hair loss?
IDENTIFY THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SEASONAL HAIR LOSS AND THE ONSET OF ALOPECIA
Seasonal hair loss is a completely natural and normal phenomenon characterized by an average loss of 80 to 100 hairs per day. This usually happens in autumn and lasts 1 to 3 months at the most. On the other hand, if you repeatedly lose more than a hundred hairs a day, consulting a doctor is recommended. This is probably an abnormal loss. But don’t panic! Some hair loss can be treated perfectly. There is also no real warning sign for alopecia.
We are talking about abnormal hair loss when hair loss is greater than regrowth. Alopecia is later characterized by a loss of density.
WHERE DOES SEASONAL HAIR LOSS COME FROM?
Seasonal hair loss is not really explained. Experts state that the peak takes place in October and that July is the moment of the biggest hair growth. This phenomenon can be explained by several factors:
- In summer, we experience hair growth while our bodies are trying to be protected from the sun. Later, many bristles are changed. However, their falls can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Therefore, autumn corresponds to the end of the cycle for lots of hair.
- Air exchange also has an important effect on the hair. Changes in temperature and drop in light affect hormones. Likewise, with the decrease in the cold and humidity level in the winter, the scalp becomes drier and this causes hair loss.
WHAT SOLUTIONS ARE POSSIBLE?
In addition to consulting a specialist, if you notice hair loss, certain actions can limit the loss of hair density:
- Use a mild shampoo to limit attacks on your scalp. This tends to increase the strength and volume of the hair.
- Do not wash your hair too often.
- Apply a nourishing and moisturizing care. Therefore, castor oil is very effective. If possible, get a conditioner or mask containing it.
- Massage your head. This action tends to promote microcirculation and promote hair growth.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet rich in protein and B vitamins. These are the components that play the most role in cell renewal of hair follicles . Bet on white meat, cereals, fruits and vegetables. Likewise, iron improves the oxygenation of the hair follicle.
THINGS TO AVOID
On the other hand, some actions should be avoided in order not to weaken your hair too much and limit its loss:
- Do not wash your hair with very hot water. Choose warm baths and dry at medium temperature.
- Eliminate all silicone and sulfate shampoos and treatments. They tend to clog skin pores and hair scales. Finally, they suffocate the hair.
- Be gentle when drying or brushing your hair. Likewise, avoid overly pulled hairstyles and leave your hair exposed instead.
- Finally, avoid saturated fatty acids, alcohol or tobacco in your diet.
Of course, all these tips apply to limiting temporary hair loss. In case of alopecia due to hereditary or hormonal factors and hair loss continues for more than three months, it is better to consult a specialist.