10 Factors That Determine If You Are A Suitable Candidate For Hair Transplantation
First of all, you should research whether you are suitable for hair transplantation. You can discuss with the clinic what is the best possible outcome for you.
There are 10 factors that determine whether you are suitable for hair transplantation. These are as follows:
- When you want to have a hair transplant, first of all, you should have realistic expectations. You can’t expect a hairline from a 50-year-old teenager. This is often not achievable and may also seem unrealistic.
- It is recommended that people who have just started hair loss wait and see how the hair loss develops.
- Young people are not recommended to undergo such an operation. If you choose to have a hair transplant at a young age, there is a possibility that you will have to have another hair transplant later, as hair loss continues. If this is not a problem for you and the donor area contains enough donor hair, this is an obstacle.
If you are under 22, you may want to wait a few more years. Generally, people between the ages of 25 and 60 choose FUT hair transplant treatment.
- People with a good amount and quality of donor hair are also better candidates for hair transplantation. If the donor area contains relatively few and weak hair, it can be treated to strengthen them before proceeding to hair transplant.
- People who want to have a hair transplant must be healthy in order to qualify. FUT hair transplantation continues to be an important procedure
- If you are not good at controlling hair loss with medications or hair growth products, you may also consider a hair transplant. It is always wise to take other measures against hair loss before proceeding with an intervention such as hair transplantation.
- Men who have become bald over the years and have a hereditary pattern of hair loss are generally good candidates for hair transplantation.
- Men and women who have lost hair or have had a hairline raised by surgery (for example, a brow lift or facelift) are good candidates.
- When a person loses their hair as a result of an injury such as a burn, this person usually benefits from a hair transplant.
- The candidate’s scalp should be in good health and elasticity. This gives the doctor a better opportunity for surgery, especially with the strip method or the FUT method.
When you think you are a good candidate for hair transplant and you want to continue hair transplant, it is important to choose a good and experienced clinic to get the best possible results.